Consultation for IPL Hair Removal involves the following points:
- Sight the area to be treated
- Discuss how IPL hair removal works– discuss that it is usually permanent reduction rather than complete permanent hair removal.
- Discuss interfering factors
- Discuss the hair growth stages – Anagen stage – best stage to kill the hair.
- Keeping to scheduled appointments – hair may not be visible, anagen stage is very little hair.
- How many treatments required and how far apart.
- Reaction afterwards.
- Remaining hair – what to do at the end. 3 months after the last IPL session, the hair that has come back by then will be the hair that will remain.
- Discuss treatment plan in depth.
Each time the client comes in for their IPL hair removal session we also talk to them about the following points:
- Did they notice the hair coming through and falling out. This is what will occur
- Ask the client to show the IPL therapist how they are loofah-ing. (This is aftercare with our Riffi mitt)
- Reminder about how to treat the skin for the next 2 days – treat like the skin has had mild skin burn/tan – no hot showers/scrubbing/loofah.
- How was the reaction after last treatment?
- Check with underarms – is there sweat in the area – this can interfere with the result.
- Have they had any sun exposure, solarium or fake tan since their last IPL session.
- How many weeks until next session
- Keeping to scheduled appointments – explain what they may see in regards to hair growth before next session. Tell them that re-growth is either just under the skin or tiny.
- To shave or not to shave before next treatment.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!